Thursday Throwdown: beach vs. pool |Keeping it Real

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Thursday Throwdown: beach vs. pool

Hello, and welcome. I'm back today another fun post in the Thursday Throwdown series - beach vs. pool. 




Well, I'm kind of partial to the beach, but I'll take the pool any summer day too!

I love the wide open ocean views. Having lived no more than a few minutes away from the beach for all my life (different beaches, but always close), I can't really imagine being more distant from the sea and sand than a walk, a bike ride or just a short drive.  

This being said, I really dislike crowds, so I much prefer to go to the beach when almost no one else is around - which means winter, early spring and late fall, mostly. During the summer I tend to go either very early in the morning or late in the evening. 

Here's a view of the beach now closest to us, on a lazy summer sunset:



With the pool it's almost the same - I love it if it's not too crowded. If we had our own, I would probably live there during the summer months, but as I don't see it happening any time soon (or ever), I live vicariously through my kids during their swimming lessons, and we enjoy whatever we can get when we stay on hotels while on vacation. 


And to keep up with the theme, here are: a fun beach cake I made last year for my son's birthday party and a sea life memory game printable I had a lot of fun designing for my kids a couple of years ago:







How about you? Which is your favorite - beach or pool?

Happy Thursday, and be sure to also check out the other bloggers' Throwdown Thursday posts:


Summer vs. Winter - Thursday Throwdown



Keeping it Real, craft blog

No comments:

Post a Comment