Tuesday Tips - social media marketing |Keeping it Real

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Tuesday Tips - social media marketing

Hello everyone, and happy Tuesday! Today's Tuesday Tips theme is social media marketing.

Tuesday Tips - social media marketing


To be honest, I'm probably not the best person to be discussing this...

While I love all sorts of crafts and would craft the day away if I could, I'm not that good at marketing what I make. I do pin my Etsy items there and I'm part of several Etsy Pinterest groups

My favorite social media is Pinterest by far, but I use it way more for personal inspiration than anything else. It's even named after this blog rather than my Etsy shop.




I do have good monthly views and as of today, I have close to 5.4K followers (5,391, to be exact), so I'm hoping it's just a matter of time until I'm able to drive some more traffic to my Etsy shop




My tips to succeed on Pinterest: 
  • Pin regularly - I try to pin at least a couple of pins three or four times a day. I've recently discovered that you can schedule pins, so I'm going to try to use that tool too in the future. 
  • Be consistent. Pin things that make sense to you in some way. Random pins that have no connection with anything else you do or love are not that helpful. While you should pin a lot, there should be a clear trend in what you are doing.
  • Create boards and keep your pins organized. Now you can add sections within your boards too. In my opinion, this increases the possibility of gaining followers. I currently have 67 boards and I'm trying to find time to go through them to organize them into sections soon. 
  • Add descriptions and keywords to your pins, to make them show up in searches. 
  • Join Pinterest groups, as these allow you to spread your pins to an audience more focused on the type of items you are sharing.
Other than Pinterest, I also share my items on Facebook. I've never been a huge fan of Facebook, mostly because I'm a private person and I have little inclination to share my personal life for all the world to see. But I can say that now that I'm engaging more in the Etsy FB groups I've met some awesome people and I'm engaging a lot more on FB (and my shop views have gone up), so I'm trying to be more active and share my items often there too. 

I'm still not on IG or Twitter. I tried Stumbleupon a couple of years ago and never managed to make sense of it, so for now that's it from my side.

Happy Tuesday, and don't forget to check the other Tuesday Tips posts from this fantastic group!

Kelsey's Crafts - Automating Social Media and Shop Flow


Tuesday Tips - product photos


Keeping it Real, craft blog





1 comment:

  1. Keep up the awesome work! :) I think scheduling pins will make things easier for you.

    ReplyDelete