Remember the post I shared here last week with tips to keep your seams well aligned when sewing? (find it here, if you missed it before). Well, today I'm showing you the zipper pouch that prompted me to write that post.
It's a regular zipper pouch, but made with scraps of fabric I found in my stash. Which meant being extra careful to make sure the finally result matched my original idea.
So I took some time cutting the fabrics. This is especially important if one of your fabrics has a pattern that you want visible and in a certain direction when you sew your scraps together. Here are the scraps I worked with:
In my case, I assembled similar panels for both the exterior and the lining of the pouch, making the most of the animal print fabric:
And as you can see, I managed to align all the seams pretty well (proud moment here):
I also added this bit of scalloped ribbon (again, a scrap) to the top edges of the pouch, as extra embellishment:
And here is the assembled zipper pouch:
(it still needs to be ironed, obviously, but since it's I'm saving it for a holidays gift I'll keep it as is right now and iron it before wrapping, when time comes to send it to its new owner...).
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great week,
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ultimate Binding and Edge-Finishing
Guide for Quilting and Sewing
![]() |
| Visit my Etsy Shop |







.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment