Easy & Cute DIY Bookmark |Keeping it Real

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Easy & Cute DIY Bookmark

...made with leftover cardstock, stickers and embroidery floss...


Easy & Cute DIY Bookmark


While these days I mostly read on my Kindle, my kids (especially my daughter) read a lot of physical books every summer and always like to have "special" bookmarks for them.

To make this particular bookmark I cut a rectangle out of some leftover cardstock (which I love because of the metallic effects) and my daughter embellished it with bird-themed stickers:



 
Then I laminated it for durability (optional) and added an eyelet at the top (again, optional; a simple punched hole works just as well).



Finally we decided to add a tassel, made with embroidery floss and some colorful plastic beads:





To make the tassel you can read my tutorial here, or just watch the video directly:




And that was it: one very pretty bookmark, made quickly and with materials we already had at home:




Thank you for stopping by,

Keeping it Real, craft blog






This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment