Vintage quilt-style square tabletop |Keeping it Real

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Vintage quilt-style square tabletop

Hello, and welcome! Remember the vintage-style fabric & crochet doily I shared here a while ago? Well, I made a new one, but this time decided to skip the crochet and use bias tape instead. 

Although I didn't actually quilt it, the combination of the striped fabric and the bias tape make it look like a mini-quilt: 


Vintage quilt-style square tabletop


I started both projects (this one and the first doily) with a pair of vintage looking fabric, which had been used to wrap in a couple of soaps I got as Christmas gifts last year. Great upcycles, right?


Vintage-style fabric & crochet doily


The red fabric I cut in the round to make the fabric & crochet doily. For the blue one, I left it as was and I just used a similar sized square of fabric for the back: 




I pinned both fabrics together and added bias tape all around: 




Overall, this was a very easy and quick project (even if sewing bias tape is not exactly my favorite task): 




Initially I placed this little tabletop on the small black table in our guest room, but the colors weren't really working together, so it finally ended up over my daughter's bedside table: 





And since this was all made using items I already had at home, it's another project that counts towards my 2024 goal of using up my craft supplies stash. Win-win all the way!

Have fun and enjoy the rest of your week!

Keeping it Real, craft blog






As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

See it on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment