Crochet kitchen towels - the blue set |Keeping it Real

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Crochet kitchen towels - the blue set

Hello, and welcome! Today I'm sharing a set of crochet kitchen towels I've just finished. 


Crochet kitchen towels - the blue set


As most of the previous ones, these were made with leftover yarn.

Because the yarn was thin I worked with two strands at the same time, one blue and one white, though I used three different shades of blue (except for the smallest of the towels, since I was already out of the lighter blue). 


Crochet kitchen towels - the blue set



The towels are all crocheted in simple half double crochet, just varying the number of initial chains and rows for the different sizes.







The largest of the towels was made intentionally...well, large, to serve as a hand towel. I love how the three blue stripes and the white yarn mixed in give it a sort of denim effect.


Crochet kitchen towels - the blue set



The other two towels are smaller, and in the last one I made not only I was already out of one of the blues so I had to make do with just two stripes, but the last of the blue ended half a dozen stitches before the end of a row - and I had to finish it just with the white yarn. 


Crochet kitchen towels - the blue set

Crochet kitchen towels - the blue set



So they are obviously not perfect, but I've come to love using these crochet towels - because they are made of 100% cotton and not artificial fibers they don't smell, I just pop them into the washing machine when needed and they dry quickly too.


Crochet kitchen towels - the blue set


I've convinced a couple of friends of the merits of these kitchen towels, so the next ones I'll be making will be for them to try. I'll share those towels here soon hopefully. 

And just in case you're wondering about how to crochet with two strands at the same time, here are my tips: 




Happy Wednesday!

Keeping it Real, craft blog






As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.







No comments:

Post a Comment