I made it Monday: a scrappy crochet pouch and rhinestones gift tags |Keeping it Real

Monday, June 1, 2020

I made it Monday: a scrappy crochet pouch and rhinestones gift tags

Hello, and welcome to another week! Today I'm sharing two of my weekend projects: blue rhinestones gift tags and a small scrappy crochet pouch.


I made it Monday: a scrappy crochet pouch and rhinestones gift tags


Here they are:

First comes the scrappy pouch:


scrappy crochet pouch


After making several crochet bags and coasters I was left with a series of cotton yarn scraps and I've been looking for quick projects to use them in.


scrappy crochet pouch


I didn't follow any kind of pattern for this pouch, I just crocheted a long rectangle using different colors and different stitches too, for a totally scrappy look.


scrappy crochet pouch


After folding the rectangle in half and sewing the sides, I crocheted the flap in a half-circle pattern, with a button loop included.


scrappy crochet pouch


And finally I added a lining (all hand sewn):

scrappy crochet pouch


And I also finished this new set of rhinestones gift tags:


rhinestones gift tags


I started with blank light blue gift tags and a strip of self adhesive rhinestones:


rhinestones gift tags


I cut the rhinestones strip to create similar shapes for each tag:

rhinestones gift tags


And then just glued each shape in place:


rhinestones gift tags


rhinestones gift tags


After that, it was just adding a piece of string to each tag and they are ready to be used:


rhinestones gift tags


And these were the highlights of my crafty weekend. Have a great week, wherever you are. Stay safe, and don't forget to check out the other bloggers' awesome Made it Monday posts:

Kelsey's Crafts

Kitchen towels and makeup brush holders - Made it to Monday


Happy Monday!

Keeping it Real, craft blog

1 comment: