Crochet washcoth + face scrubbies set |Keeping it Real

Monday, September 23, 2019

Crochet washcoth + face scrubbies set

After making my first crochet face scrubbies set a couple of weeks ago (you can find them here), I decided to try my luck with a washcloth. 


Crochet washcoth + face scrubbies set




Because I wanted to make a gift set, I started by crocheting two face scrubbies (using my own pattern). And then I focused on the washcloth. 


Crochet washcoth + face scrubbies set


At first I wanted to make it using the waffle stitch, but I didn't have enough yarn in this color to be able to pull it through, so instead I opted for a simpler pattern. 


Crochet washcoth + face scrubbies set
 

If you want to make one too, here's how it goes: create an odd number of chains roughly in the size you want your washcloth to be. 

Crochet washcoth + face scrubbies set



For the first row, make a single crochet on the second chain from hook, and then as single crochet on every chain until the end. 


Crochet washcoth + face scrubbies set


For the third row chain three and add a single crochet in the third stitch from the previous chain (so you're leaving a gap of one stitch). Chain one, leave a gap and add a single crochet on the second chain from hook. Repeat until the end. 


Crochet washcoth + face scrubbies set


The fourth row is similar to the third row, but you'll be adding single crochets over the "one" chains from the previous row and chaining one over the previous row's single crochets. 


Crochet washcoth + face scrubbies set


(I didn't have time to create a photo tutorial for this, but I promise I'll get round to it soon). 


Crochet washcoth + face scrubbies set


Even though it's not the waffle stitch I really wanted, I'm happy with the "weaved" look of this pattern, and I'm planning to make more of these and use the sets as Christmas gifts for family and friends. In the meantime, I also made a few face scrubbies for my Etsy shop, in case you want to have a look at them.

Have you started on your Christmas projects yet?


Happy Monday!

Keeping it Real, craft blog






2 comments: