St. Patrick's heart brooches |Keeping it Real

Thursday, March 14, 2019

St. Patrick's heart brooches

Remember the St. Patrick's Scented Ornament I shared here a couple of day ago? Back them I told you I had made some heart brooches to go with it too.


St. Patrick's heart brooches


They are totally different, one with a more classical look and the other glittery all the way, but in the end they kind of make a great pair.



The one with the key charm was the one I made first. Two small felt hears, the charm and a brooch base:


St. Patrick's heart brooches


I sewed both hearts together (with a bit of polyester filling in between), added the charm and the base and in less than five minutes I had this:


St. Patrick's heart brooches

St. Patrick's heart brooches


The second one was even quicker. One felt heart, another cut from glittery EVA foam, glue and a brooch base.


St. Patrick's heart brooches


The hearts are glued together and the brooch base is sewn onto the back part of the brooch (the felt one).


St. Patrick's heart brooches

St. Patrick's heart brooches


And here they are, side by side:


St. Patrick's heart brooches


My friend loved them and says she's going to wear them both for St. Patrick's, so I'm really happy I took the time to make these.


St. Patrick's heart brooches


Happy Thursday!

Keeping it Real, craft blog






3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute brooche, I love the key!! Thank you for sharing on Friday Features this week!
    Happy St. Patricks Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so, cute! I love them both, and I can't wait to make these. Making my craft store list now! Thank you for sharing at Celebrate It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teri, for hosting and for stopping by! Let me know if you do end up making them, I'd love to have some feedback!

      Delete