Apple cake for picky kids {recipe} |Keeping it Real

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Apple cake for picky kids {recipe}

Do you have picky kids? Well, then you need this cake recipe!

Let me share a bit of background: some time ago my son told me he would love to have some apple cake, but he didn't want to find any apple chunks mixed in it. Or on top either. It would have been much easier just to make apple cake without apples, but I do love a challenge.


Apple cake for picky kids - recipe

And so, I've came up with a recipe for apple cake with no visible apple anywhere. The apple is there, the cake tastes like apple cake. But you can't really see it. Yep, perfect.


Apple cake for picky kids - recipe

 
Scroll down to find out how we make it:


Ingredients:
  • 150 grams of sugar
  • 175 grams of flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 90 grams of butter, softened
  • 2 large apples
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon of powdered cinnamon 

Apple cake for picky kids - recipe

Instructions: 

Mix the sugar with the eggs and the butter. In a food processor, puree the two apples completely (make sure there are no chunks left - it's almost the same as making apple juice, but you get to keep all the pulp in).

Add the cinnamon and pureed apples to the cake mix, and finish with the flour and the baking powder.


Apple cake for picky kids - recipe


Pour the mixture into a pre-greased cake pan and bake at 180ยบ C for 30 - 35 minutes.

Decorate as you want. I kept it simple this time and just sprinkled a bit of powdered sugar on top.

Apple cake for picky kids - recipe


My son loved it, and he's probably the pickiest kid I know especially in what concerns food textures, so I can truly vouch for this recipe.


Apple cake for picky kids - recipe


Enjoy!


Keeping it Real, craft blog






2 comments:

  1. I love a good snack cake and this one sounds wonderful! I've pinned it to try later. I think my grandsons would like to help me make it! Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty. We've just started a Facebook group called Creatively Crafty Showcase and you're invited to join us! It's another way to share this post and just about anything creative plus we'll have opportunities to interact/support each other. You'll find us here http://bit.ly/2TL8Pli. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I know a few people that don't like the texture of apples in a cake, and I love that you puree them. It sounds fantastic, and I am looking forward to trying this. I have a friend that will love this too! Thank you for sharing at Celebrate It!

    ReplyDelete