Upcycled notebook |Keeping it Real

Monday, September 24, 2018

Upcycled notebook

Hello, and welcome. Today I'm going to show you how I transformed an ugly notebook into something I can now use at the office.

Upcycled notebook


I always like to have my own notebooks at the office, something pretty and not too large, so that it can't fit in my purse if I have to go out for a meeting. As the current notebook was coming to an end, I found myself looking at new notebooks in stores, looking for something inspiring, when I suddenly remembered - if I can make a notebook, why am I buying one?


Upcycled notebook
 

Well, I didn't exactly make a notebook, I actually used one that was living in a drawer at home for a couple of years now. Someone gave it to my son but he never used it. It was a notebook, and it was free. But not exactly office material:

Upcycled notebook


So...I covered it with a blank sheet first, to hide away the colored images.


Upcycled notebook


And then used scraps of self adhesive fabric (leftover from another project). You can see that there's a "seam" though the middle of the notebook, as the fabric pieces were small and I had to overlap two instead of using just one.


Upcycled notebook

To hide the "seam" I glued some lacy ribbon across the front and back of the notebook and then, because I always like to add an embellishment, a blue butterfly to complete the look.

Upcycled notebook


Now I have an unique notebook to use everyday, and as all the materials came from my stash, it was a pretty inexpensive transformation too.


Upcycled notebook

See below my other destashing projects this year:

Destashing #1: Scrappy crochet blanket
Destashing #2: DIY Play Food: cloth napkins & napkin rings
Destashing #3: DIY Doll Diaper - tutorial and pattern
Destashing #4: Zippered Pouches
Destashing #5: Felt envelope clutches
Destashing #6: DIY Felt Book Covers
Destashing #7: Upcycled Fabric Covered Tin Can 
Destashing #8: Felt penguin key chain 
Destashing #9: DIY Tulle Gift Bags 
Destashing #10: DIY Fabric Headbands  
Destashing #11: Two Toned Felt Envelope Bags 
Destashing #12: Quick and easy pillowcases
Destashing #13: Hotfoil DIY notebooks
Destashing #14: Lace Edged Candles
Destashing #15: Mini Christmas Tree Ornaments
Destashing #16: Felt and Ribbon Notebook Cover

Happy Monday!

keeping it real, craft blog






No comments:

Post a Comment