Pillowcases - quick & easy |Keeping it Real

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Pillowcases - quick & easy

As part of my 2018 destashing goal, I've been (slowly) going through my crafts closet, finishing (or getting rid) of long lost projects. This was how I came across a bunch of old crib sheets that I saved years ago, not necessarily for a trip down memory lane, but more because the fabrics were cute and I thought I could re-use them. 

Well, it's been a while but I finally managed to use those old sheets: I made pillow cases.

Pillowcases - quick & easy

I was working on a timeline, trying to get the cutting and sewing done early on Saturday morning to avoid leaving it unfinished again, so I didn't take enough photos for a tutorial, but I basically followed the same method as my 10-minute pillow cover tutorial.

Pillowcases - quick & easy

And there it is: a nice pile of "new" pillow cases that my kids can use.

Pillowcases - quick & easy

All in all, I made five pillowcases. In theory, you can get two pillowcases out of each crib sheet, but the original blue sheet was partially damaged so I I could only get enough good fabric for one pillow case.

Pillowcases - quick & easy

This is really a great idea to use (or re-use) fabrics you have in your stash, and those pillowcases are so quick and easy to sew that you can make a whole bunch in almost no time at all. 



See below my other destashing projects so far:

Destashing #1: Scrappy crochet blanket
Destashing #2: DIY Play Food: cloth napkins & napkin rings
Destashing #3: DIY Doll Diaper - tutorial and pattern
Destashing #4: Zippered Pouches
Destashing #5: Felt envelope clutches
Destashing #6: DIY Felt Book Covers
Destashing #7: Upcycled Fabric Covered Tin Can 
Destashing #8: Felt penguin key chain 
Destashing #9: DIY Tulle Gift Bags 
Destashing #10: DIY Fabric Headbands  
Destashing #11: Two Toned Felt Envelope Bags 

Enjoy, and happy Tuesday!

keeping it real, craft blog






1 comment:

  1. SUch a clever use of the crb sheets!!! Thank you for sharing last week on Oh My Heartsie Girls Friday Features, this week your post is being featured!!
    Hope you will stop by and share again. Have a great weekend!

    Karren

    ReplyDelete