My adventures in cake decor - part 2 |Keeping it Real

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

My adventures in cake decor - part 2

Last week I showed off here two of the cakes I made this summer for the birthday parties we celebrated in our family. Well, here's part 2 of that post, with two more cakes:

My adventures in cake decor - part 2

My adventures in cake decor - part 2



Again, inspiration for the designs came from Pinterest. My son decided on a soccer ball cake, but to make things quicker I wanted to use a cookie cutter for the black shapes. I had some trouble adjusting angles and distances - I even made a paper model one night and then used it as a guide when I was decorating the actual cake.


My adventures in cake decor - part 2



My daughter originally chose a yellow polkadot cake (in different shades of yellow), but then settled for the green and pink version because we had so much fondant leftover from the other cakes that it was a shame to let it go to waste.


My adventures in cake decor - part 2

My adventures in cake decor - part 2


And in case you missed them, here are last week's cakes:



My adventures in cake decorMy adventures in cake decor



Happy Tuesday!


keeping it real, craft blog




No comments:

Post a Comment