No clutter in 2015 - week 27 update |Keeping it Real

Thursday, July 9, 2015

No clutter in 2015 - week 27 update


Now that we have passed the middle-of-the-year bend-in-the-road and summer is here in full force, I've realized that I also need to accelerate my decluttering efforts. 


This past week I focused on getting out of the house all items that had been marked for donation. 

Now I need to finish a series of little projects and some odds-and-ends sewing (mostly mending or upcycling things), to avoid having a pile of pending-completion items cluttering my crafts closet. In a little over a month we'll be going on vacation for a couple of weeks and, if possible I would rather not leave any loose ends. 

Between today and the weekend I have get the house ready for my son's birthday party (on Saturday), but after that I have to sort through and pack away or discard a lot of things, starting with the kid's school years books and stuff and ending with my craft supplies (not necessarily in that order).

Does anyone have suggestions to deal with school books and all the other items kids bring home at the end of the school year? 

When my son started pre-school I was saving every drawing that came home form school, but now that they are both bringing home stuff, the shelves are getting a bit too crowded and, while I want to keep memories, I need to cut back on what I physically keep stored. So, thoughts and suggestions welcome. 

In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment