Jeans refashion |Keeping it Real

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Jeans refashion

Do you have in your closet clothes that you don’t use because they are not exactly right or that you used so often that you are tired of them? We all do.

Sometimes, however, with little effort (and cost) you can turn them into something new than you can enjoy again. This is something I do on a regular basis and that I hope to be able to share with you in the future.


kid jeans refashion


The jeans in the picture are not mine, these are size 3T hand me down jeans that I think are too boyish for my 3 year old daughter. But since I’m frugal and she has to wear jeans to school every day, I’m not about to turn them down. So I decided to spruce them up a bit.

This is not really a tutorial but the idea is that if you sew a pretty ribbon close to the edge of the hem. I didn’t sew it exactly on the edge to avoid the risk of it fraying too soon, and I’m also thinking of adding an embellishment to the zipper of a side pocket (which is on the leg you can’t see in the picture). I used the sewing machine, but if you don't have one, you can sew if by hand.

See, I told you I was crafty. This is an easy enough project that could be completed in half and hour (or less), but since I rarely have half an hour for myself with no interruptions, it will probably take me a week. I’ll post the finished product when I actually get round to finishing.

Edited:
They are finished, go check them out


keeping it real, craft blog

No comments:

Post a Comment