I finished my crochet top! |Keeping it Real

Thursday, July 20, 2023

I finished my crochet top!

This summer I've been seeing a lot of crochet items in stores, from bags to sweaters and tops. A couple of weeks ago I found a crochet net top I really liked, perfect to put over a t-shirt or use as a bathing suit cover. But it was expensive and I thought - of course - that I could do better - and cheaper - myself. 



summer crochet top



I looked at a couple of patterns but ended up not following any of them. 


summer crochet top


I tested the top on myself as I went along and made the necessary adjustments.


summer crochet top


This means that, unfortunately, I don't have a pattern I can share with you right now. Maybe I'll find the time to write one someday. I can tell you that the bottom part is one single piece (no back and front to sew together). And each of the shoulder straps was added individually, before creating the double crochet border around the neck and arm holes. 


summer crochet top

summer crochet top


No difficult stitches used, it's all double crochet and chains. The only part that took me a bit longer were the decreases I wanted in the neckline. Other than that, it was a really quick project and I will definitely look into crocheting more of these tops in the future (maybe a wool one next, to go over a long sleeved t-shirt).



summer crochet top



And although I'm not posting a tutorial, if this is something you want to make for yourself too and have some questions, let me know in the comments and I'll try to help you the best way I can.


Have fun, and happy Thursday!



Keeping it Real, craft blog





As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.










2 comments: