DIY zipper pouch tablet cover |Keeping it Real

Thursday, August 25, 2022

DIY zipper pouch tablet cover

Hello, and welcome. By the time you read this I'll be off enjoying a few days with my family, but I really wanted to share a very quick back to school project I managed to complete before going on vacation.




I basically used my own zipper pouch tutorial to create a tablet cover for my daughter's Ipad.

Since the pandemic, the kids' school has been using tablets on a daily basis (even their textbooks are now in electronic format), but kids will be kids and the last thing we need is to have broken or scratched tablets.

So even though their school tablets come with an Apple-issued cover, I wanted an extra layer of protection. Hence the zipper pouch. 


You can find my zipper pouch tutorial here. The only different is that instead of adding the zipper on the longer side of the rectangle, I added it over one of the smaller sides and part of a longer side (sewing in on a curve).





In retrospect, I should have kept to the original tutorial and forgotten the curved zipper, as I'm terrible at sewing curves. It's not that it didn't work out. It's more that it took me way longer and stressed me out a lot more. 

Also, I added an extra layer of batting in between the two fabrics for extra-padding. 

I'm pretty sure I took a few additional photos of the process, but somehow I must have deleted them accidentally while decluttering my phone before going on vacation. In any case, if you want to make your own zipper pouch tablet cover and have questions, drop me a line in the comments and I'll try to help you the best way I can.


Have fun, and happy Thursday!

Keeping it Real, craft blog






As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.







No comments:

Post a Comment