DIY yo-yo coaster |Keeping it Real

Monday, January 17, 2022

DIY yo-yo coaster

During these winter cold days, a cup of hot coffee or tea in our hands often accounts for some relaxing (and hand-warming) moments. And what better way to enjoy those moments than to have a cute coaster where to set down your cup?


DIY yo-yo coaster



This coaster is made of fabric yo-yos and is not only cute but a great way to use up fabric scraps. 

The first thing you need is to make yo-yos. I make mine with a 4.5 cm Clover yo-yo maker:


   


I have more Clover yo-yo makers in different sizes and even one that creates a flower shaped yo-yo, but this is the one I use the most. 

Anyway, for the round coaster I made 7 yo-yos. 


DIY yo-yo coaster


Then I placed the yo-yos in the shape I wanted to create: 


DIY yo-yo coaster



Each yo-yo is hand sewn to the others: 


DIY yo-yo coaster

DIY yo-yo coaster


And that was it! Here's the finished product:


DIY yo-yo coaster


The coaster is reversible and can be used on both sides, though my personal preference is the version above. 


DIY yo-yo coaster


DIY yo-yo coaster





Have a wonderful week!

Keeping it Real, craft blog






As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.










4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I would love to make a set of these out of the fabric I covered my dining room chairs with. I'd love to have you come share on my newest link party, Crafty Creators, which is now taking the place of Traffic Jam Weekend. Its open Thurs thru Mon. Hope to see you there!
    XOXO,
    Niki ~ Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa, WOW. I love these. I love making these yoyos, too. What a cute way to use them. I'm so doing this. Do link up to Thursday Favorite Things Party for me to feature this!! Love love love, Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty and looks so easy to make! Thanks for sharing at My Big Fat Menopausal Life's Share the Wealth party!! Hope your weekend is great and we see you again on February 1!

    ReplyDelete