Crochet cat coasters & placemat set |Keeping it Real

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Crochet cat coasters & placemat set

Hello, and welcome! Months ago I shared here a free pattern for cat face shaped crochet scubbies. While I love those scrubbies (free pattern can be found here) I was never entirely happy with the pattern, especially because it implies breaking the yarn to make the ears. Breaking the yarn means more ends to weave in and, quite frankly, weaving in ends is the only thing I really dislike about crochet.



Crochet cat coasters & placemat set



So all this time I've been experimenting with different ways to use a similar basic pattern without having to break the yarn. And from all that brainstorming the crochet cat coasters and trivet set was born!

The pattern is available at my Etsy shop and will allow you to make a cute set of cat face coasters and matching trivet, a lovely addition to any table and a wonderful homemade gift idea too. 


Crochet cat coasters & trivet set



The coasters will have an estimated finished diameter of 10 cm (approximately 3.9 inches) and the trivet will have an estimated finished diameter of 18 cm (approximately 7 inches), not including the ears. The last round is structured in a way that the ears are made without having to break the yarn, and with a much neater finishing all around. 



Crochet cat coasters & trivet set



I've made this first set in bright pink because I just love how it contrasts with the wood of our kitchen table, but I'm definitely making more sets soon to use as Christmas gifts for friends and family. 







Crochet cat coasters & trivet set



I only crocheted a set of four coasters - because there's just four of us at home - but with the pattern you can crochet as may as you like. 


Crochet cat coasters & trivet set



Find the pattern here


Crochet cat coasters & trivet set



Happy Tuesday and stay safe,

Keeping it Real, craft blog





No comments:

Post a Comment