Etsy Tuesday Tips: SEO Optimization |Keeping it Real

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Etsy Tuesday Tips: SEO Optimization

Hello everyone! Today's Tuesday Tips theme is SEO optimization.


Etsy Tuesday Tips: SEO Optimization


SEO - Search Engine Optimization - unfortunately, is a very difficult thing for me to master. Or even to understand...


I've struggled with it for years for the blog, so it's no wonder that when I opened my Etsy shop I was back to square one with it. 


Etsy Tuesday Tips: SEO Optimization


I know what SEO is and how it works. Theoretically. Computers are machines, so they search for keywords, patterns, etc. Translating that into something that actually places your blog or shop in the right track? I think there's some science to it, but there's also a lot of trying, failing and trying again, and some sheer luck thrown into the lot. 


Etsy Tuesday Tips: SEO Optimization


So what works - moderately well - for me? Whenever I'm listing a new item I search for similar items on Etsy - if I find them, well, there's one keyword there already. And then I look for the best sellers in that category, scroll down to the bottom of those listings and study the keywords there. There's no need to copy them exactly - all items are different and most of mine are one of a kind anyway - but that's the best way for me to see SEO working in practice. 

I know there's a lot more to SEO optimisation than just keywords. You need to understand what buyers are looking for, analyze trends both in the market and in your shop, etc. Honestly? Too overwhelming.


Etsy Tuesday Tips: SEO Optimization


Someday, maybe I will be an Etsy SEO expert standing on my own - but for now I'm limited to taking cues from those that are better and more experienced than me. 

Now have a great Tuesday and don't forget to check out the other tips from some amazing Etsy sellers and bloggers:


Etsy Keywords - Tuesday Tips


Keeping it Real, craft blog




No comments:

Post a Comment