Etsy Tuesday Tips: increasing reviews |Keeping it Real

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Etsy Tuesday Tips: increasing reviews

Hello, and welcome! Today's Tuesday Tips are all about increasing reviews.


Etsy Tuesday Tips: increasing reviews


I understand reviews are important for any shop, Etsy or not, and I usually always leave reviews for the products I buy. 

But...I have never asked for a review for any of the items I sell in my shop. And to be honest, I'm not a fan of requesting reviews from anyone. I don't like to be asked for reviews - I leave them on my own free will - so I don't ask for them either. 

I do believe in providing quality products, as well as customer service. I've totally remade an item that I sold when I found out it had a defect right when I was packaging it. The buyer never even knew. And I've re-sent a package (at no extra charges) when it came returned for something the buyer was not at fault with (I wasn't either, but I decided to take responsibility for it and give the buyer what she had paid for). 

Etsy Tuesday Tips: increasing reviews



This being said, I was lucky so many buyers left me awesome reviews. I've had a few giving me great feedback on private messages too, and even though those don't mean anything for my Etsy shop rating, I never pushed to make the reviews public. 

So...not much in the way of magic tips today, sorry, but don't forget to check the other Tuesday Tips posts from this fantastic group to see what they have to say about this topic:


Tuesday Tips - product photos


Happy Tuesday!

Keeping it Real, craft blog

2 comments:

  1. I also try to leave reviews whenever I buy something. I think it makes you feel good as a seller when you get that feedback from a customer who loves what you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Reviews are so easy, you just need to write a few words to make someone know you appreciate their hard work!

      Delete