I Made it Monday - tackling the UFO pile |Keeping it Real

Monday, April 13, 2020

I Made it Monday - tackling the UFO pile

Staying at home during the long Easter weekend allowed me to finish several projects that lived in the unfinished objets pile for quite some time.


I Made it Monday - tackling the UFO pile


So here's what I finished this weekend:

Sometime last summer I crocheted two rectangles, intent on making a zipper purse. I knew I wanted it lined and even tried to finish it a couple of times, but either I wasn't in the mood for it or I needed some time to think it through. In any case, those rectangles were lost in the UFO pile for a while and only now resurfaced.



It wasn't easy to add the lining and sew the purse and the lining together, and it didn't turn out as perfect as I wanted, but it's done and can be used. I'll share a tutorial on how I did it one of these days.




I also finished this set of 6 gift tags. For such a simple project, I have no idea why it took me almost two months to finish it. I cut the larger squares weeks and weeks ago. I knew what I wanted to do with them. And then it just didn't happen.




Well, they are done now, and may or may not end in my Etsy shop in the future - if I need gift tags in between now and then I'll just use them myself instead.






I also discovered these purple and green coasters (green on one side and purple on the other). I love this color combination and they were actually finished, I just needed to clean some lint that had adhered to the felt. They will need a tag added before they can be listed in the shop - and I can't print those tags from my home printer right now as our colors are all wonky, but hopefully when this quarantine is over I can get them printed.




And finally, I cut all the red felt flowers (added some white in there too, as just red was turning out too dull). They just need to be glued and then will be ready to be added to my Etsy shop (one day).




And these were the highlights of my (actually rather productive) crafty weekend. Have a great week, wherever you are. Stay safe, and don't forget to check out the other awesome Made it to Monday posts:

Kelsey's Crafts

Kitchen towels and makeup brush holders - Made it to Monday


Happy Monday!

Keeping it Real, craft blog

2 comments:

  1. I feel you on the unfinished projects pile! I have SO many! One day I'll have to go through mine and see if I can diminish it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really never diminishes because when you complete something you always tend to start something else...but it's still a good feeling.

      Delete