Tuesday Tips: staging Etsy photos |Keeping it Real

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Tuesday Tips: staging Etsy photos

This week's Tuesday Tips are about choosing your product background and staging photos for Etsy listings (or any other online sales platform, for that matter).


Tuesday Tips: staging Etsy photos

When it comes to staging my photos, I prefer them as streamlined as possible. So I don't use complicated backgrounds and rarely add other items to the photos besides the one I'm planning to sell.

I don't have a large budget for my shop either, so I try to keep it simple too. Basically I use the hardwood floor of our guest room, which also doubles as my craft room (always clean before a photo shoot, don't worry), and so far it's been working for me.




Sometimes I also use part of a blank wall, especially to take photos of my tote bags:





On rare occasions I have used other backgrounds, such as this black cardboard:




Rarely I do add a few accessories to my photos, but I much prefer to keep them simple:




I do try to always use natural light, avoid weird shadows and reflexes, and strive for consistent photos across the entire shop (I like the uniform look of my shop), but other than that, this is it.

Happy Tuesday, stay safe, and don't forget to check the other Tuesday Tips posts from this fantastic group!

Kelsey's Crafts

Tuesday Tips - product photos


Keeping it Real, craft blog


1 comment: