Summer vs. Winter - Thursday Throwdown |Keeping it Real

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Summer vs. Winter - Thursday Throwdown

Thursdays in my new group of blogging friends are throwdown time. And this week the theme is Summer vs. Winter?


Summer vs. Winter - Thursday Throwdown


Hum...Is that even a question? Well, summer of course.


Give me a long, hot summer day over any other time of the year. A crispy cold but sunny winter morning? Maybe (like I have a choice anyway). But cold, rain, mud, wet shoes, about three hours of daylight, laundry that takes days to air dry, sick kids, runny noses, slick roads, leaking umbrellas...no thank you. 

If you've been visiting a while, you already know this. If you're stopping by for the first time...well, now you know. I'M A SUMMER GIRL!


And of course, my work is a reflection of this. If you look though my Etsy shop you will see, with very few exceptions, items in bold and contrasting colors. 

Take this purse, for example. One of my favorite fabrics, and if it doesn't spell summer for you I don't know what does: 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/714763430/tropical-summer-beach-purse-hibiscus


Or this bag:


https://www.etsy.com/listing/754338968/floral-tote-bag-with-pocket-springsummer


Or even my crochet reusable face scrubbies, made in the colors of the rainbow:


https://www.etsy.com/listing/741072288/set-of-10-rainbow-crochet-face-scrubbies



I love making colorful things. They're bright and happy, and they make me smile. Just like summer.

Be sure to also check out the other bloggers' Throwdown Thursday posts:

Jems and Jewells
Swears and Stitches
Donella Browne 
Jetsy Jewelry 

Summer vs. Winter - Thursday Throwdown


Happy Thursday!

Keeping it Real, craft blog





2 comments: