Facebook vs. Instagram |Keeping it Real

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Facebook vs. Instagram

This week's Thursday Throwdown theme is Facebook vs. Instagram. 
Facebook vs. Instagram
Well, for me it's easy. It's just Facebook, because I'm not on Instagram. 
Facebook is not my favorite social media. My private life is exactly that - private. So I only set up my Facebook account when I started this blog, and I basically only use it for the blogs and for my Etsy shop. 

Now the reason why I'm not on Instagram is a different story. If it were for me, I would be there. But I have an on-going discussion with the FB and Instagram technical support teams. When I tried to sign up for Instagram, I decided to use the same FB login - and the thing goes like this:
  • when I sign up for Instagram, it tells me the e-mail I'm using is already registered, so I should just login instead
  • when I try to log in, Instagram tells me my e-mail is unknown
After a zillion mails to client support, apparently no one really knows why this happens. I could of course create a new mail box just for Instagram - but honestly, I don't want to. I already have my work e-mail, my personal e-mail and my blog/Etsy shop e-mail. I don't want to get another one just for Instagram.

So, until this issue is solved one way or another, no Instagram for me.

On a more positive note, there are two new items on my Esty shop: one cute flamingos key chain (because who doesn't love flamingos) and a reusable face scrubbies set (because I'm trying to get everyone to be more eco-friendly this year):


https://www.etsy.com/listing/760744816/reusable-face-pads-with-wash-bag

https://www.etsy.com/listing/760745958/flamingo-keychain-flamingo-key-fob



Be sure to also check out the other bloggers' Throwdown Thursday posts:

Jems and Jewells
JewelrybyheartANNA

Summer vs. Winter - Thursday Throwdown


Happy Thursday!

Keeping it Real, craft blog





2 comments:

  1. I am on Instagram, but it just doesn’t provide a lot of satisfaction. Part of social media for me is being well..., social. While commenting is a possibility, most don’t use that option. It’s a great place to look at photos if that’s your thing. As for your email issue, that’s crazy! I’m so surprised their tech people can’t fix it.

    Great post!

    Michelle
    http://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. Yes, it's weird. Probably if I ever really want to join I'll just use a different e-mail, but for now my time is so limited anyway probably it doesn't even make sense to add more social media to the mix.

      Delete