The unicorn hat & scarf |Keeping it Real

Monday, November 25, 2019

The unicorn hat & scarf

I've been really busy creating new items and fulfilling custom orders for my Etsy shop, but I still managed to find the time to finish the unicorn hat and scarf for my daughter. 
The unicorn hat &scarf

An in case you haven't noticed already, there's no unicorn anywhere, either in the hat or in the scarf...
 
...but my daughter decided to give them that name because of the colors of the yarn. 
 
The unicorn hat &scarf
The unicorn hat &scarf

A bit of background: a couple of years ago I knitted hats and scarves for both my kids (check out the tutorial for the hats), but obviously kids grow and at the end of last winter my daughter complained about her hat being too small and asked me to make her a new one. 

The unicorn hat &scarf

The unicorn hat &scarf

She wanted a variegated yarn and I found just the perfect one at a spring sale - it's not just cure, but super soft as well. I started knitting the scarf right away but then spring and summer projects took the lead and anyway it wasn't something she would wear during the warm season, so it was parked in my crafts closet until recently.

The unicorn hat &scarf

The unicorn hat &scarf


But now with the days getting colder and winter approaching, I had to work on them to get everything finished in time. 

The unicorn hat &scarf

The unicorn hat &scarf


My daughter is happy, and so am I - and I have one item less in the unfinished projects pile...

Happy Monday!


Keeping it Real, craft blog









4 comments:

  1. ПОЛУЧИЛСЯ ХОРОШИЙ И ТЕПЛЫЙ КОМПЛЕКТ НА ХОЛОДНОЕ ВРЕМЯ ГОДА!ПЛАТОЧНАЯ ВЯЗКА ОЧЕНЬ СМОТРИТСЯ ОЧЕНЬ УДАЧНО ПРИ ПОДОБНОМ ВЫБОРЕ ПРЯЖИ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a beautiful set. Thanks for sharing it with us at #OMHGWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors! beautiful pattern and lovely set! I would love it as a child :)

    ReplyDelete