(Almost) Wordless Wednesday - the terracotta soldiers |Keeping it Real

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday - the terracotta soldiers

Hello and welcome to part 2 of my series of photos from the Buddha Eden garden. Last week, on part 1, I showed you just some general views of the estate. Today I'm posting one of it's most well know features: the terracotta soldiers. 
 
buddha eden garden, terracotta soldiers


They are reproductions of the terracotta statues that were buried over two thousand years ago (see here for details on the original terracotta army). I have no idea why they have all been painted blue, though (I googled but couldn't find an answer).

buddha eden garden, terracotta soldiers

Well, all except for this fellow: 

buddha eden garden, terracotta soldiers

Still, they are an impressive sight. 
 
buddha eden garden, terracotta soldiers

We really enjoyed strolling around, and we will return soon for sure, to take advantage of the good weather.

Happy Wednesday, 

keeping it real, craft blog




2 comments:

  1. How interesting to represent soldiers in that color, that medium.
    I hope you'll come by to share at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/06/my-happy-place.html

    ReplyDelete