How to make your own cake stands |Keeping it Real

Thursday, January 19, 2017

How to make your own cake stands

Hello, and welcome to this week's edition of the You Can Do-It-Yourself series. If you haven't heard about this series I'm bringing to the blog in 2017, you can read about it here

One of my resolutions for this year is to learn to make cakes - not that I don't know exactly how to make a cake, but I need practice, I need to find recipes I can trust to work every time, and I want to make professional looking cakes I can bring to birthday parties and family celebrations, and be proud of. 

So, following that line of thinking, if I'm going to make great cakes, I'm going to need great cake stands, right? And the best ones, just like the cakes, are always those that can be made at home. 

How to make your own cake stands, DIY series


All of these are pretty easy to make and come with instructions for everyone to be able to replicate them. And because I know not everyone has the same crafty skills, there lots of different alternatives included.

Check them all out below:




DIY Dollar Store Cake Stand


Easy Paper Cupcake Stands Tutorial


DIY Colorful Dessert Stands


I hope you've enjoyed this little list of ideas, come back next week to see what I'll be sharing!


The purpose of the You Can Do-It-Yourself series is to share wonderful projects every week in 2017 and show you that there are lots of things that we are used to buying but than can be perfectly made by us. All links posted will obviously be DIY tutorials with clear instructions and/or free patterns, so that everyone can easily replicate them.

I've created a specific page for the series, which will include links to the crafts already covered. If you have suggestions for any of the topics, feel free to leave me a comment or send me an e-mail and I will try to include your ideas as much as possible (with proper credit).
And if you actually make some of these projects (which I hope you do), please share with me photos or links and I will be very happy to post them here too!



Happy Thursday,

 

keepingitrreal, craft blog





5 comments: