No clutter in 2015: update & roundup of DIY upcycled gift packages |Keeping it Real

Thursday, May 14, 2015

No clutter in 2015: update & roundup of DIY upcycled gift packages

declutter, decluttering, no clutter in 2015

Hi everyone, I hope you're having a wonderful week! Tomorrow is Friday, the weather is great in our little corner of the world and I'm looking forward to a super busy weekend. We have a birthday party on Saturday morning, a meeting at church on Saturday afternoon, and then another birthday party and a soccer game on Sunday afternoon. I have no idea how I'm going to survive this...

But onto decluttering. These past two weeks I have been mainly focused on discarding several things, from books to clothes. I went back to my clothes closet and took the opportunity, while exchanging winter for summer clothes, to remove a pile of stuff that I will not be wearing again. This is the second or third time I go through my closet since the beginning of the year and just proves that decluttering is an on-going job and not a once in a lifetime experiment.

Then I got rid of a few more books. Some were added to my digital library and others were not. Even though it's sometimes hard to part with my books, my free time is already so limited that there are a few I will not be reading again for sure, so it's pointless to save then, even in digital format (our digital world can get cluttered too, right?).

I have also been upcycling a lot, though lately mostly focused on gift packages, since I've been using a lot of them for all the birthday parties we've been attending.

Here's a roundup of some of the upcycling I've made so far transforming regular boxes or packages into gift packages:

upcycled gift packages, DIY gift packages, roundup

1 - storage box to fabulous gift package

2 -plain mail package to cute gift package

3 - cereal box to gift bag

All three were already sent to their due recipients with gifts inside.

These projects can be made using materials that we all regularly have at home and not only save you money but help you declutter. Get rid of all those boxes that you stored because you thought they could be useful one day, turn them into something that will make someone else happy and your closets emptier!

What's next? I have two more upcycling projects finished but I need time to write the posts, so given our tight schedule for the next few days, it will probably take me a while before I can share them. I'm in the middle of a tutorial on how to turn adult pants into kids pants with built-in pockets, but again, you better not wait up for it. And I have two more boxes ready for upcycling into gift packages, one of which is needed for Sunday, so I'll have to hurry.

I'll let you know how it went next week.









No comments:

Post a Comment