No clutter in 2015: week 12 update |Keeping it Real

Thursday, March 26, 2015

No clutter in 2015: week 12 update



Well, twelve weeks of the year have gone and in every one of those weeks I forced myself to declutter at least a little. When I think back on all the stuff that was sent to trash or donated so far, I really wonder how we managed to keep all that of it inside our closets.


Just two days ago I took four bags of clothes for donation. I also got rid of the last of the VHS tapes at last and I'm glad to report that I'm getting much better at just throwing things away. No more keeping it because someday it may be useful. Either it can be useful now (even if it needs upcycling) or it goes.

Slowly, I've gaining space in the closets and drawers to store other things that were just spread around but I still have a long way to go. Hopefully the next forty weeks until the end of the year will give me enough time to finish decluttering. This, together with the repainting we are also working on and with the replacement of some furniture planned for when the painting is complete, should allow us to begin 2016 with a totally renewed house.

On a more immediate future, I need to go back to my clothes closet, that is still a complete mess, and also to go through my fabric stash which, I suspect, holds a lot of items that I'm never really going to use. I also have several Easter projects I'm working on or still planning, so let's see how I can fit all that into our busy weekend. I'll let you know next week how it went. The decluttering journey continues.








4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to get rid of everything we don't need and reorganize the house this year too. I'm hoping to be done by July when we're expecting our new little one. It's hard though, it takes so much energy to go through things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, give yourself time. I've come to the conclusion that decluttering doesn't go as fast as I expected it at first, and doing all the work when you are expecting a little cannot be easy...Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I'm from the Happy Kids Inc. linkup. I just wanted to drop in and say hi.

    I just finished uncluttering my room last week. I'm getting new furniture so I can stop saving junk. I'm trying to simplify my living space. It helps cut down on stress.

    Also, I just started learning to crochet a few weeks ago and I love it! It's so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kinya, thank you for stopping by. We'll be also getting some new furniture, at least for our living room, but we sill need to finish painting the house first...As to crochet, I find crochet and knitting tow of the most relaxing crafts, so I totally agree with you! Have great weekend!

      Delete