Sweet fox notebook & pencil case set |Keeping it Real

Monday, May 6, 2019

Sweet fox notebook & pencil case set

Yes, I made another. For one of my daughter's class mates who turned 9 a couple of weeks ago (actually, I made two more, all different, but I still need to organize the pictures I took of the last ones...).


Sweet fox notebook & pencil case set



The notebook cover was made in exactly the same way as the Spring Felt Notebook Cover, but this time I changed again the way to keep the notebook closed.

Sweet fox notebook & pencil case set

Sweet fox notebook & pencil case set

 
Because the fox design occupied a large potion of the notebook cover, I didn't want anything going on top of it. So instead of a flap or elastic, I just used ribbon.


Sweet fox notebook & pencil case set


With a large holed needle I passed the ribbon through the felt and tied a knot at the other end (I then added a couple of stitches to keep the knot in place):


Sweet fox notebook & pencil case set

Sweet fox notebook & pencil case set
 
Sweet fox notebook & pencil case set


I didn't create a tutorial for the pencil case, but it's just a long rectangle of felt folded envelope style, with the sides sewn together and then turned inside out.It closes with a button.


Sweet fox notebook & pencil case setSweet fox notebook & pencil case set



The fox was cut using my Sizzix and, to be honest, it was the hardest part of this project, due to the overlaying pieces of felt in different colors.


Sweet fox notebook & pencil case set

Sweet fox notebook & pencil case set


I wanted to add a similar fox to the pencil case, but the design was too big, so I settled for just the head instead.



Sweet fox notebook & pencil case set



Happy Monday, and stay tuned for the next notebook sets!


Keeping it Real, craft blog




2 comments:

  1. What a terrific idea! I'm featuring it at this week's Party in Your PJs link party. Thanks for sharing your awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete