No clutter in 2015: week 28 update |Keeping it Real

Thursday, July 16, 2015

No clutter in 2015: week 28 update


We had a busy weekend, with our son's 8th birthday party and lots of friends and family coming over, I've been working late at the office almost everyday and, on top of that, we have more friends coming over next weekend.

But we still found a little time for decluttering.

My husband cleaned out his desk drawers and got rid of a lot of things, including a stack of old paperwork that was no longer needed. In addition, he's also trying to sell some larger items, mostly kid stuff that we don't need anymore. 

Not to be left behind, I rounded up a series of clothes, toys and books that my kids don't use/need anymore and took them to Kid-to-Kid yesterday, which is actually a great way to declutter: I empty the closets and still make money on the process. I feel like I'm getting paid to declutter, which is a great incentive.

I don't expect to have a lot of time for more decluttering over the next few days, but as I'm writing this post I'm thinking that maybe I should go through the drawers and the closet in our guest room and clean up a little, in advance of someone staying over and actually needing the space...we'll see...

Happy decluttering,


No comments:

Post a Comment