Battleship printable game - the pirate version! |Keeping it Real

Friday, July 17, 2015

Battleship printable game - the pirate version!

My kids love to play battleship, and especially now that my daughter already knows her numbers and letters it's an easy game that they can play alone (for a short while, at least, before they actually start trying to kill each other).

Battleship printable game - the pirate version!


But since I don't plan to take the actual board game with me on vacation, I decided to try and make a printable version. With a twist: instead of the classical battleship scenario, I decided to make a pirate version. I googled around for actual pirate ship names, for the sake of minimal accuracy. 

Battleship printable game - the pirate version!

Then I translated the original (in Portuguese) to English to share here. If you want to print one too, download the file here.

The file prints on two pages, one for each player. The colors change in each page, so that one player will always be the blue and the other the red. 

Battleship printable game - the pirate version!
I'm going to print about a zillion copies, as I'm guessing I'm going to need them this summer!

For other summer printable kids activities, check out the summer printable tic-tac-toe game and the summer sewing cards!

In the meantime, have a great weekend!

keeping it real, craft blog



24 comments:

  1. Hi, visiting from Share the Wealth Sundays. My boys love Battleship and pirates, what a great idea! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun thing to do, Pirate Fleet Battle game will be fun to play. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who needs fancy games! :) So neat!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun game! It's great to find something new for the kids to play :) Thanks for sharing this at Together on Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great and a wonderful idea if you don't have the board game. Kids love pirates so I'm sure it was a hit. Thanks for sharing with us at #AnythingGoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. we do have the board game, but I don't want to haul it around during our vacation, so I decided to make a printable version

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love this!! I'm so glad that you've created this printable. I'm going to send it to my grandson who loves to play battleship. I"m sure he'll enjoy this. (Am pinning and tweeting this!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous. I love it! Thanks for posting. Hello from Thank Goodness It's Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for kids and maybe adults as well. Thanks for sharing with us at #wednesdayswisdom. I love that you keep board games alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love board games at our house, but usually I don't have a lot of time to play with the kids...

      Delete
  9. I remember playing this game as a child and I enjoyed it a lot. So I will print this out for my son and his friends to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they enjoy it. Thank you for stopping by Glenda!

      Delete
  10. I used to love this game when I was a kid! I might have to print this out! Thank you for linking up with us at the Tips and Tricks Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! Thanks for sharing on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday!! I love having you! Hope to see you again on Thursday! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete