Crochet flowery garden...finally |Keeping it Real

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Crochet flowery garden...finally

Remember this post?


I had just started crocheting flowers in shades of pink, yellow and green. Almost a month has passed and they went through several stages, from finishing all 33 flowers...


...to joining them together...


...until the finished product:


Initially I had thought about using a soft brown color for the edges, but since the flowers are supposed to go on top of my daughter's white dresser, I ended up using white. That way the flowers kind of stand out from the background.

During the joining process I also toyed with several alternatives and decided to go with single crochet since it gives the flowers a sort of 3D-ish honeycomb effect I really liked.


Original pattern for the flowers is here.

See you around,
Teresa

Skip To My Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...