A fabric gift bag for dog lovers |Keeping it Real

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

A fabric gift bag for dog lovers

Hello, and welcome! Today I'm sharing here a cute little tote bag, that I will be using as a gift bag:



A fabric gift bag for dog lovers



To make it I used this long panel of fabric with a cute little dogs print. It was wide but not high enough to sew the bag keeping the pattern facing up, so I cut it in two and them sewed the pieces back together, taking care to align the squares before sewing.


A fabric gift bag for dog lovers


I added a bit of white rick rack ribbon to hide the seam. 


A fabric gift bag for dog lovers


And from then onwards I just needed to follow my trusted 20-minutes lined tote bag tutorial and assemble the bag. 

A fabric gift bag for dog lovers

A fabric gift bag for dog lovers

 
Since I didn't have any more of the dogs fabric, I used two pieces of ribbon for the handles. It's obvious not the sturdiest option for a tote bag, but since this is just a gift bag for small items, it worked just fine:


A fabric gift bag for dog lovers


Lining is a pretty flowery print I also already had in my stash:


A fabric gift bag for dog lovers


And that was it! Now I have a cute gift bag ready to be used, and a little bit less fabric taking up space in my crafts closet...

Thank you for stopping by, and happy Wednesday,
Keeping it Real, craft blog





This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Ultimate Binding and Edge-Finishing
Guide for Quilting and Sewing

Visit my Etsy Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment