Hello, and welcome! Today I'm finally here the tutorial for a cute little project that you can make for your self or as a gift:
To create this hat keychain you need crochet yarn and a crochet hook and a plastic bottle cap, a bit of ribbon and beads or buttons (embellishment for the hat), a keyring with a small chain attached and craft glue (obviously not all of it pictured below...).
The first step is punching a hole through the center of the bottle cap. To do this you can use a punch tool or just a thick needle. Heat it up a bit, if necessary. You just need a hole wide enough for your crochet hook to push through at first. As you pass the yarn through the hole (the next step), the hole will naturally enlarge since the plastic at the top is usually thinner and softer than at the sides.
Then use your crochet hook to pull the yarn through the hole and work as if you were adding a single crochet over the bottom edge of the cap. Repeat util you have covered the whole cap:
Once you're done, use the single crochet stitches at the bottom edge of the cap as your "foundation chain" and add one treble crochet over each of those stitches:
In this case, I decided to add one more row of single crochets, to make the brim a bit wider:
I love the crab stitch for edgings. If you need a good tutorial for it, you can use this one (not mine).
To embellish the hat I used some faux leather cord and a heart shaped bead (all glued in place). Ribbons, buttons, beads, etc, also work great, just use what you have around.
As soon as you're happy with the look of your hat, add the keyring and chain:
Here's another one, slightly smaller, that I made next:
This one was made with thicker yarn and therefore the brim is just one row of double crochets. And it's also blue and pink because apparently those are the colors I seem to have more of in my crafts closet...
Also, instead of using ribbon I crocheted some chains in pink yarn and then glued them all around.
Here are the two side by side:
And here's the look when they are used as bag charms (I love it!):
Thank you for stopping by, and have fun!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
%20(1).png)



















.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment