I made it to Monday - but barely... |Keeping it Real

Monday, January 27, 2020

I made it to Monday - but barely...

Hello, and welcome to another week. If you're reading this, you've also made it to Monday!


I made it to Monday - but barely...




We had a really eventful weekend. First, my son had to put in new braces on Friday afternoon. Which means that not only we spent a hefty amount of money on them (crossing my fingers our insurance will cover at least part of it), he also missed his swim meet on Saturday because he was in too much pain.

The weather was meh, so the kids had some friends over on Sunday afternoon - and then just when I had finished baking a cake and loaded the dishwasher - well, the dishwasher broke. Fun, huh?

My husband tinkered with it for the rest of the afternoon. He fixed our washer three times already, so I was hoping he could find out what was wrong with the dishwasher - well, he did, but it turns out the cost to get it fixed is just too high. Spending that kind of money on fixing a 12 year old dishwasher vs buying a new one - well, let's just say I'll be shopping around appliances stores later this week.

On the plus side, I managed to find some time from crafting.

I finished sewing these kitchen towels with snaps (already listed in my Etsy shop):


https://www.etsy.com/listing/759880796/zero-waste-kitchen-towels-with-snaps


I made two flaming keychains - I bought a set of flamingo grosgrain ribbons in different colors a while ago (just because I love flamingos) and finally decided to do something with them.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheReallyCraftyStore

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheReallyCraftyStore


I also finished sewing a new set of reusable face scrubbies. I had the fabric for these cut and pinned on top of my sewing table since well before Christmas and yay!, they are finally ready to be listed.


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheReallyCraftyStore


And how cute is this zipper purse? I loved the originality of the fabric. I bought it on Friday while running some errands before our "braces event" and had to do something with it right away (well, two whole days later, but that counts as right away in my book).


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheReallyCraftyStore


All these will be listed on Etsy later this week and then I'll be hoping someone loves them as much as I do. 

Don't forget to check out the other awesome Made it to Monday posts:

Donella Browne
Kelsey's Crafts

Kitchen towels and makeup brush holders - Made it to Monday


Happy Monday!

Keeping it Real, craft blog







2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an eventful weekend! I hope your son is feeling better and you have luck finding a dishwasher that doesn't break the bank. I love your reusable paper towels. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Shopping for the dishwasher on Thursday and crossing my fingers :)

      Delete