Felt coasters |Keeping it Real

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Felt coasters

Remember the handmade felt coasters I made a while ago? Those were a Christmas gift for my cousin and since then I made a few more batches, mostly for friends wanting coasters coordinating with the rest of a party decor - I made a few in two shades of pink for a baby shower, a couple in bold colors for a summer barbecue and others in shades of green and brown for a birthday party. And now I made these for my Etsy shop too!




Making these coasters is a time consuming process because the alignment of the cut out scalloped flower on the top part of the coaster has to be just right, otherwise they look wonky. But I love making them, and I always have a lot of fun trying new color combinations for the top and the bottom.


Felt coasters

So... of course I decided to make more.




Felt coasters

These three sets are totally different in terms of colors, so each has a different vibe. This time I made them in a thinner, better quality felt, because a few of the others actually came out a bit chunky when the two felt squares were stacked together.

There's dark blue/gray, dark blue/red and two shades of purple (which is my favorite of the three, by the way).

Felt coastersFelt coastersFelt coasters

Just like the first ones I made, I placed a square of cardstock at the bottom, a transparent cover on top and secured everything with a piece of ribbon. There's also a custom tag in a matching color (some of the tags I made previously are available here for free if you want to download them).


Felt coasters

Felt coasters
 
Felt coasters


These three sets now live happily in my Etsy shop, waiting for their future owners to claim them. You can find them here.


Happy Thursday!

Keeping it Real, craft blog




No comments:

Post a Comment