This is one of my favorite side dishes, and not just because it's tasty, but also because it's easy and quick to make.
Ingredients (2 - 3 servings):
- 1 can of mushrooms (or the equivalent in white or cremini mushrooms if you can get them fresh)
- 100 grams of smoked ham (a thick slice)
- 2 teaspoons of fine herbs (I use Provence herbs)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste (though you should first check the level of salt of the smoked ham you're using; if it's already salty, adding in more salt may be too much)
Heat the olive oil in a pan and when it's hot add the smoked ham cut in small pieces. Leave it for one or two minutes and then add the mushrooms, the fine herbs and the seasoning. If necessary, add a tablespoon of water and let everything boil for about 10 to 15 minutes.
I make this a lot, and sometimes I even like to eat it as a main dish instead...