Because easy and quick recipes are right up my alley. This one has a low preparation time, you pop it in the oven and promptly forget about it until it's done, and it turns out great every time.
- 1 sheet of round puff pastry (store bought or homemade, your choice)
- 8 to 10 apples (depending on size)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- powdered cinnamon
- Cover a greased pie mold with the puff pastry and adjust the sides
- Peel and slice the apples and use them to entirely cover the bottom of the mold with them
- Spread bits of butter evenly over the apples, do the same with the brown sugar and sprinkle everything with the powdered cinnamon.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, remove from the oven and serve while still slight warm.
And you get one amazingly tasty dessert with minimum hassle. It seriously doesn't get any easier then this.