5 original ways to use granny squares |Keeping it Real

Friday, May 6, 2016

5 original ways to use granny squares

The ABC Crafts Series...G is for Granny Squares


Welcome to another edition of the ABC Crafts Series! In the past weeks I shared projects starting with the letter G (glass and glitter), but this this week we are still with keeping it up, because G is for granny squares too, and they don't always need to be used to make throws and pillows! 


5 original ways to use granny squares


So here are some original ways to use granny squares around the house, all complete with tutorials and patterns so that you can easily make them too!

~ 1 ~


~ 2 ~
 http://zootyowlcards.blogspot.com.es/2014/03/13-granny-squares-bag-pattern.html




~ 3 ~



~ 4 ~
https://teacrochetandme.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/small-granny-square-bunting-tutorial/



~ 5 ~
http://thatchbo.blogspot.com.es/2012/12/christmas-wreath.html


I hope you enjoyed this little collection of original granny squares projects! Next week I'm planning to finally move on to letter H and share some lovely ideas for handmade gifts

In case you missed previous posts, the ABC Crafts series will be covering one (or more) crafts for each letter of the alphabet during 2016. Each roundup features 5 links, grouped around the major theme. All links posted will be DIY tutorials with clear instructions and/or free patterns, so that everyone can easily replicate them.

I've created a specific page for the series, which will include links to the crafts already covered, and a list of upcoming topics. You can find the page here. If you have suggestions for any of the topics, feel free to leave me a comment or send me an e-mail and I will try to include your ideas as much as possible (with proper credit)!

http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.com.es/p/the-abc-crafts-series.html

Have a wonderful weekend!

keepingitrreal, craft blog





 

7 comments:

  1. The pencil pouch is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, and I love the colors, bright and happy! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. In love the bunting. I like to hang things like this in my cubicle at work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is a great idea, to brighten your workday a bit!

      Delete
  3. Who would have thought granny squares could be so awesome! It would be great if you shared it on the DIY linky! at Pleasures of the NW

    http://www.pleasuresofthenw.com/diy-party-no-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done! Thank you for letting me know, I love to discover new link parties! Added you to my link parties page, so I won't miss any of the upcoming editions!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for joining our party!! Can't wait to see what you bring next week!

      Delete