Lemon is one of my favorite ingredients when cooking and I love to use it especially for desserts.
This lemon & cookies dessert is no-bake, so it's very useful when you're pressed for time or you have to prepare a meal for unexpected guests. It's easy, turns out great every time and doesn't take longer than 15 minutes to prepare.
Ingredients (for six to eight servings):
- juice of four lemons (or three, if they are large)
- 2 cans of condensed milk (or one can and + the equivalent in whipped cream)
- 3 sheets of neutral gelatin
- 200 grams of crumbled cookies (I usually use butter cookies, but it works well with a variety of other cookies, including chocolate)
- soak the gelatin sheets in cold water for a few minutes
- in a bowl, combine the condensed milk (or the condensed milk + whipped cream) and the lemon juice
- squeeze the gelatin sheets to remove excess water and add them to the mix. Make sure all three ingredients are well blended
- in individual serving bowls, add the cookies and the mix in layers. Start with a layer of crumbled cookies...
... then add a layer of the lemon mix on top:
...and continue until you have at least four layers in total (you can add more, it will depend on the size of your individual bowls and on how big you want each serving to be, but the last layer should be of the lemon mix):
- sprinkle a bit of crumbled cookies on top:
- an put in the fridge for half an hour, or until the gelatin hardens a bit.
Have a wonderful week,