No clutter in 2015: week 22 update |Keeping it Real

Thursday, June 4, 2015

No clutter in 2015: week 22 update



Well, I'm still not sharing this week the tips on how to declutter your pantry, for the simple reason that...I haven't finished decluttering mine. And I honestly can't publicly give advice I'm not ready to follow myself.

But I'm hard at work on it. Here is a before picture: 


Our pantry is kind of small, more like a kitchen closet will tall doors, and apart from food we also store there small kitchen appliances. The top shelf doubles as our medicine cabinet, to make sure everything is out of the kids' reach. 

This is an in-between picture: 






I removed all expired items and everything we are not going to use in the near future, cleaned the shelves and rearranged the items for a more organized look. But I still have a lot of work to do on the top shelves. 

Other than the pantry, I also went through a huge box of items that have been set aside, some of them a long time ago, for upcycling. Well, a large portion of them have been discarded for good. I have to convince myself that the days do not have enough hours for me to be able to fit it all in, and some things need to go. Let's just say that the trash can near our apartment building was well fed last monday evening. 

Next week my husband and I will be taking some days off work to see if we can finally paint our living room, so let's see what I can accomplish in between. 

Enjoy the rest of your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment