No clutter in 2015: week 20 update |Keeping it Real

Thursday, May 21, 2015

No clutter in 2015: week 20 update

 

Can you believe May is almost over? In a little over a week we'll be in June and summer is almost upon us.

This past week was really slow in terms of decluttering, since I've been busy with a lot of other things, from working late and getting home just in time to rush the kids to bed to an excess of birthday parties (two last weekend, one more scheduled for next Sunday).

In between, I've gone back to books. Even though I've discarded a lot of them, I still have tons in my bookshelves, so I gave it another round and got rid of a few more. Some were saved in digital format and some were not, because I really want to make a selection and keep only those books that I enjoyed and my want to re-read again.

And I'm also going through a huge pile of yarn scraps. In fact, the May Mystery crochet along challenge couldn't have come at a better time, since I've had all that yarn in a bag in my craft closet for years and this is the perfect excuse to finally get rid of it. So it counts as decluttering too.

Next weekend I expect to be too busy to tackle any major projects, but I have a lot of little things that need attention, from the kids shoes (they've outgrown a few lately and I need to purge) to finishing the exchange between winter/summer clothes (hopefully getting rid of a few more in the process) to my son's very messy closet. I'll let you know how it goes next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment