No clutter in 2015: week 11 update |Keeping it Real

Thursday, March 19, 2015

No clutter in 2015: week 11 update




I'm back for the update of another week of decluttering. Though I still have some upcycle projects to shere from previous weeks, the past few days have been filled with clothes selection. As a result I have in our spare room three (soon to be four) bags of clothes for donation.


First, my husband decided to enter into the decluttering spirit and went through his closet to select several items that he doesn't use or don't fit anymore.

In the meantime, I went back to mt daughter's closet. She's gone through a growth spurt lately and most of her pants and sweaters are suddenly too short. Even if some could (and will, in time) be upcycled, there are always items that, unavoidably, have to be replaced. In  addition, most of the spring/summer clothes that were still in storage from last year are clearly too small to be used again. Some will go to a friend that is expecting a baby girl this summer, others I'm just donating.

I still have more closet purging to do, hopefully I'll get round to it next weekend, along with some spring cleaning (hampered by the fact that we are in the middle of repainting our hallways and the stairwell). Small steps, that hopefully will get me a bit closer to the clutter-free goal of 2015.



No comments:

Post a Comment