No clutter in 2015: week 6 update |Keeping it Real

Thursday, February 12, 2015

No clutter in 2015: week 6 update


In case you are not familiar with these posts, I have elected the 2015 as the year I'm going to get rid of all the clutter I have around the house. To keep myself in line with this objective, I have been posting weekly updates and this week, I'm proud to say, was the first time I actually started to see the results of all my work since the beginning of the year.

As promised, last weekend I tackled our home office desk. And if you have doubts a decluttering exercise was overdue, this is what it looked like before:


The piles of books had been selected to be discarded but not put away yet, the knitting in the right was work in progress (the winter hat I shared earlier this week) and the light bulbs were removed from the second floor hallway ceiling were are preparing paint. The rest? Just random stuff that had been there for ages.

Well, I went to work and this is how it looks now:




There are still two small piles of papers that have to be sorted through but overall it was a decent makeover. If all of my house looks like this by the year-end I'll be very, very happy.

I'm still halfway though sorting out the books, the floppy disks and the VHS tapes, and I also found several boxes of old picture negatives (does anyone still remember those?), some of which contain old pictures of my childhood that were never printed. I plan to scan them and store them digitally, though it may also take some time.

Motivation is still high, especially now that results start to be visible. I'm hoping for another productive weekend!

And if you think that only houses get cluttered, you are wrong. Blogs can get cluttered too. So this week I also remodeled my link parties page. There are still some design issues I need to tackle, but at least links are now organized and easy to scroll through. I've updated buttons that had been changed, repaired broken links and removed link parties that no longer exist. Still, if you notice any link party missing, please let me know.










No comments:

Post a Comment