Amazingly, I was nominated by Coco @ Homeschoolapalooza for the Liebster Award. I'm still in shock and it has taken me a couple of days to write this post but thank you so much Coco!
If you've never heard about it before, the Liebster Award is a internet award for blogs with less than 200 followers. After nomination, I Googled around to make sure I was doing everything right. Although there seem to be several sets of rules, below are the ones that I've been given.
1. Acknowledge and thank the blog who nominated you.
2. Look for an award image that you like, and post it on your blog.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person/blog who nominated you.
4. List 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 11 blogs with under 200 followers to receive the award.
6. Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
7. Give them 11 questions to answer.
These were Coco's questions for me:
1. If you were writing a book about your life what would it be named?
Headed for Tomorrow. Sorry if it sounds cheesy but it was the first thing that came to my mind, andI guess it reflects my personality well. I hate to dwell on the past and I'm always looking forward to a bright new day.
2. How long have you been blogging?
A little less than a year. I started around mid-January 2014.
3. Are you good at Ping Pong?
I'm terrible at ping pong. I have zero aiming skills so any sport that requires throwing or sending a ball (or anything else, for that matter) in a given direction is not for me.
4. What color is your hair?
5. Do you like French food?
Yes, though in general I like any food that is not too spicy or too greasy. I'm not very picky.
6. What’s your favorite animal?
Cat. I love cats. We don't have any pets because a pet for me would be a cat and my husband doesn't like cats.
7. If your house was on fire what 2 things would you grab? (Other than pets and family members)
My purse and our photo albums.
8. What’s the most exotic place you’ve been?
Other than through books and travel magazines, I'm not much of a traveler. So I guess the most exotic place would be Formentera, a small island off the coast of Spain where you can only get by boat.
9. What’s your favorite color?
10. What’s the hardest thing you have ever had to do? Say goodbye to the unborn baby I lost at 10 weeks.
1. I'm Portuguese, and English is not my native language. But I love reading and writing in English, so that was my natural choice when I started blogging.
2. I can't bring myself to post personal photos on my blog. I guess I'm still internet shy, even after almost a year of blogging.
3. My parents married late so my mother was 43 when I was born.
4. My birthday is September 11th.
5. I'm turning 40 in 2015.
6. If I could, I would quit my job to stay at home and spend lots of time for crafting. Unfortunately, bills have to be paid, so no luck there.
7. I hate driving.
8. I have to sleep at least 6-7 hours a night, otherwise I feel like a zombie. Probably look like one too.
9. I don't drink coffee.
10. I love to read.
11. I love the ocean. I live 10 minutes away from the beach and it's awesome! I wouldn't live anywhere else!
Now that you know something more about me, let me tell you that choosing 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers was hard for me. I read and follow lots of blogs, but rarely take the time to check how many followers they have. Having to choose 11 out of all those and on top of that making sure they had 200 followers or less was a difficult exercise. I basically went though my list of blogs on Bloglovin and started from there because I wanted the nominees to mean something to me, not just random blogs around the Web. Please don't be sad if you fit the criteria but aren't included in the list. I had to start somewhere, and I'm sure there will be other opportunities. And now, finally, the Liebster Award goes next to: