Truth be told, I part 3 was not in my plans. My time is limited and, by the middle of the week, my inspiration has had better days. But I had (insistent) requests for a hearts necklace and last night I found myself complying.
So I went and cut a few more little felt hearts. Initially I thought I would just sew them to a ribbon, but when I was looking for said ribbon I came across some red beads I don’t even recall buying and I decided to use them as well.
I marked the center of the ribbon and put a bead there, thinking that because the beads were heavier than the felt hearts, a bead in the center would make the necklace settle better (in case you want to make something similar, after some trial and error I found that the best way to make the ribbon go through the holes in the beads was to use an extra thin crochet needle).
I tied a knot on each side of the bead to keeping in place.
The hearts are sewn on pairs, one on each side of the ribbon. I always tend to sew things, but in hindsight, glue would have probably been easier (and faster).
Then I added more hearts and beads until it was long enough. Because I was tired and ready to go to bed, I just tied the ends with a knot and cut the excess ribbon, although probably a pretty little bow would look better. Oh well, maybe next time. ..