Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1) |Keeping it Real

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)

Hello and welcome! Today I'm sharing a quick and easy tutorial to make a small purse with snaps and a keyring loop.

 

Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)

 And the best? It's partially made from a pair of old jeans!

These were old hand me down jeans that didn't fit my son anymore, but part of the fabric was still in pretty good condition. 

 

Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)

 

To create the snap pouch I started by cutting a rectangle, approximately 13 x 29 cm:

 

Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)

Then I cut a similar rectangle out of fabric, for the liming:


Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)

Out of the same liming fabric, I also cut a much smaller rectangle (which, folded bias tape like and then top stitched, turned into the keyring hoop): 

 

Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)

The two main pouch pieces were sewn right sides together, all around the rectangle expect for a small opening on one of the smaller sides (and then turned inside out through said opening):


Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)


The opening was manually hand sewn and then I folded the rectangle to create the pouch and pinned in place, as shown below: 



Before sewing the sides of the pouch, and as an afterthought, I decided to cut a small heart from the lining fabric and place it at the back of the pouch:


Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)


I used a blanket stitch to sew around the heart:

 

Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)


Then I used the same yarn (and stitch) to sew the sides and contour the top of the pouch (making sure the key chain hoop was placed on one of the sides): 

 

Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)

Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)
 

I finally I added the snap. Here is the finished pouch, with the keyring and a matching tassel already in place: 

 

Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)

Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)

Overall, this was a pretty fun project and I'm very happy with the result!

 

Easy Snap Pouch (upcycled jeans part 1)


This pouch was one of the two projects I managed to sew from these old jeans. The second project is still missing a few finishing touches and I'll share all about it next week.

 

Have fun, and happy Tuesday!


Keeping it Real, craft blog






As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.










5 comments:

  1. How cute! Thanks so much for linking up at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 6. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little pouch, this will be a feature over at Handmade Monday this coming week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS Teresa! Your post is FEATURED at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 7.

    ReplyDelete